Monday, September 11, 2006

Getting ready

Ok, I thought I better start on this since I have 12 days left before I leave. Here are some of the main things going on right now:
The garage sale last weekend went great, but I still have a ton of stuff left. The rest is going to have to be donations. It's a liberating feeling to be able to say everything I own fits into 2 suitcases (which cannot weigh more than 80lbs total and can't measure more than 107 inches - w+l+h for both). But it's more than a lot of people in this world have. I'm disgusted with myself to see how much "stuff" I have. I'm a glutton when it comes to clothes - bottom line.
My car still hasn't sold. If anyone wants to buy my 2001 Acura TL with 66,500 miles for $14,000, please let me know. It really is an awesome car.
I have 9 more days of work at the hospital. My co-workers have been pretty awesome.
My going-away party is this weekend. It looks like a lot of people are going to make it, so I hope the weather is nice.
I'm pretty sure I have purchased everything I need (or at least everything I'm going to take) for this trip. I call it a trip, but I should call it a move. Who goes on a 2-year trip?
This past week was difficult. I think I've been reading too many blogs and I had information overload, which prevented me from sleeping and gave me some pretty intense dreams. I'm calmer now, which is good considering the next 12 days are going to be full. I have officially determined that saying good-bye is going to suck. My life is great and my friends and family rock.
I have one correction for my first post - I'm flying to Philadelphia for "staging," not D.C.
Obviously, there is plenty more to come. Check back in a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home