Sunday, September 24, 2006

Info

Ok, so the in-person good-byes are over. Today was rough. I'm in Philly now - 1st day of training is done. I've met some awesome people today that are going to my country with me - half in the business sector and the other half are in the health sector. The emotions are all over the place.
Here is my itinerary for the next week -
Monday Sep 25 we have training all day in Philly.
Tuesday Sep 26 we go to the clinic in the morning for vaccinations, then we take a bus to JFK and take off for Paris at 11pm. This will be the last time I'll be making phone calls from my cell.
Wednesday Sept 27 - after a 4-hour layover in Paris, we arrive in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso (the capital city) at 8pm BF time (which is 2pm Indpls time).
Thursday Sep 28 we spend in the capital city having info sessions. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I WILL BE ABLE TO CALL - probably around afternoon Indy time.
Friday Sep 29 we also spend in the capital city with more info sessions. Friday afternoon we travel to Ouahigouya (80 km north of the capital city). This is where we will have pre-service training. That evening they have a welcome ceremony for us.
Saturday Sep 30 is more training and info sessions.
Sunday Oct 1 we have our adoption ceremony and meet our host families. I will live with this family for the next 11 weeks. There will be at least 5 other volunteers in this community at other host families.
It looks like I will have phone and internet access in the capital city and in the training city - so I will communicate as often as possible.
Obviously I am and will be experiencing information overload. I miss everyone so much already. Take care and I will post asap!

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you so much. Glad to hear from you. Keep us posted. love always!

 
At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, its dad. well i miss u already & it seems everyone else does 2. u've got some very good friends & a brother. try'g 2 help jt sell his vw asap. hope this blog thing works. i ask steph how 2 work this damn thing. looks like i'm in the right area. all ok here. the gang from fla. here 2day. no brian. mike has surgery thur 0700 dr.& nurses here @ meth. say no big deal. hope not! if this blog works is 1 thing but i'd rather hear your voice. it just takes time to adjust u not be'g here w/ all of us (friends & family). adv. what u want in u're "care packages". i know what i needed in vietnam but don't know if yours is the same. love you very much. dad ps hell, how do u send this mail???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home