Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More pics

How funny is this?? Meet Aaron, perhaps the funniest volunteer here in Burkina (except for me of course).
A view of the countryside on the way back to the waterfalls.
Rose, Veronica, me and Erica back at the falls. It's so wonderful there.
And you thought I wouldn't get the total international experience by coming here! These are our favorite non-Africans here in Bobo. Walid on left is Lebanese and owns the most beautiful nightclub here (Please notice the speakers, mirrors on the walls, air-conditioning in the background. It has tile floors and flushing toilets! We are talking NICE...considering most clubs here are outdoors in the dirt). And Rami on the right is Syrian and owns the supermarket where we get all our non-African goods (like Ben&Jerry's ice cream, cereal, milk, cheese, WINE!).
The roaches here are ridiculous! When I first moved to my house there were 40 of these crawling around my latrine at night. Can you imagine? I had to put a stop to that really quickly! I haven't seen any for a long time. Thank God!

1 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your stories about the Peace Corps. I have already applied and am currently waiting for placement in Africa. I think I may be in Burkina Faso. Just a hope. Question? What did you do about the cockroaches? I am TERRIFIED of them!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home