Saturday, January 20, 2007

Christmas in January!

I went to the post office today to find 4 packages waiting for me! I don’t know why, but when it rains it pours here! And it was such the greatest day to receive these! I am right now sitting in my house in what can only be described as a Target explosion! I have been opening and unwrapping things for the last 45 minutes and now I sit amidst all the things I forgot I liked so much! I am surrounded by so many wonderful things that my friends and family so thoughtfully sent halfway around the world for me and I feel soooo loved. Gosh, everyone is so great!

First of all, to my amazing co-workers at Blue, you guys are wonderful! I knew when I was there that I worked with the most fantastic people in the world, and this just proves that again and again! I love you guys. Shawn - the picture of you and Kara and Barklie is hanging on my wall. You guys look so happy and beautiful! Lisa – of course I should have known you would be concerned with my dental health! You are such a sweet person! The card is really really nice (and also on my wall), and the tea if perrrrrfect. The books were a really great idea. April - you are adorable. I have already started The Pursuit of Happyness. The lip gloss and shampoo and shower gel (which is now bucket bath gel) and the tank tops and the nail polish and the BURT’S BEES stuff is all so fantastic!!! I am going to look (and smell) like a girl again! Oh my gosh I forgot this stuff existed. Thank you thank you thank you everyone for thinking of me and going through the trouble to get this stuff together and send it all the way here. I really do appreciate it!

Teresa - my favorite Martha Stewart clone! I could smell your package before they even brought it out of the back room of the post office! You have thought of everything – from the fruit roll-ups to the little bottle of wine (I miss getting together with you, but we will catch up when I’m home in April). And packed it so professionally! Thank you so much for thinking of me during the hectic holiday season and sending this stuff. Your wedding pictures are also on my wall. You look absolutely beautiful! I am really sad I couldn’t be there for it. It looks amazing! Thank you so much for sending the pictures.

Diana - you are the best. Thank you so much for the goodiesJ It is exactly what I needed. All of it. Perfect.

And Steph – as always, you come through like a champ with everything from protein shakes all the way down to Betty’s Christmas cookies. I love you.

When I go to the post office, or anywhere in this city, I ride my bike. When I receive 4 packages in the mail, the only way to get them home is to strap them to the bike and pedal them home. So I was able to put the 2 packages sent in envelopes in my bookbag and then I strapped the 2 boxes to the back of my bike. I was just pedaling along, thinking how lucky I am to have so many great, thoughtful friends and just having a good day when, as I was going through a busy intersection, the boxes fell off the back of my bike. It didn’t even occur to me to get upset or frustrated. I just picked the boxes up and walked them and my bike to the other side of the intersection and for 10 minutes (during which 4 different people approached me and offered to help) tried to find the best way to restrap them on my bike. As I was standing there I thought how I would have been so self-conscious in the U.S. if this happened. I would care who saw me and how stupid I looked. But it didn’t occur to me to care here. And that’s a great feeling!

Fear not, everything arrived safely at my house and now I am going to go take a bath and wash (and condition) my hair and put lotion and deodorant (which I always wear anyway - come on, I'm not THAT out of touch with being a woman:) and lip gloss on and paint my toenails and brush my teeth with this whitening expressions toothpaste and drink some tea while I read my book – thanks to my friends and family! I love you guys!

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

I'm going to drink a beer for you as I cheer on the Colts over
"Butt-Chin" Brady and the Pats. Hope you enjoy the Burt's Bee's b/c there's really nothing else I could send you w/o being metro! Keep those Smackers protected; crusty lips are never enjoyed. Peace and stay safe!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... Ok, let me concentrate. So basically that's how you get your stuff home. Strap on your bike and pedal away... You are one tough woman... Let me tell you that. Yes u deserve to pamper away, do the nails, the hair and look brand new!!! :)

MOISE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home