Wednesday, February 21, 2007

les cascades (waterfalls)

This past weekend I took a little trip to the waterfalls that are situated about an hour (by bus) south of Bobo. There is a chapter in the book I read today (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants – I generally don’t like fiction, but I needed something entertaining that I could read in one day like watching a movie…man I miss movies…) that starts off with a sentence that exactly conveys what I felt sitting at the top of the falls…”The sunset was too beautiful. It almost made her feel panicked because she couldn’t save it.” She’s talking about a sunset, but I felt the same way listening to the water rushing by me and staring out over the West African horizon. It was B-E-A-U-tiful and so relaxing and I wanted to bottle it up and take it with me to have some everyday and share it with my friends and family. I have felt this way before when I go on trips and see or experience something so spectacular and I want to turn to Steph or Dad or Amber and say “isn’t this beautiful?” Don’t get me wrong, I love doing all these things, I just like to share it with those I love. So the pics will have to do it for you for now…until you come visit me:)
We (me and Leslie, the other volunteer in my waterfalls pictures) took a bus to Banfora and stayed the night, then got up the next morning and biked to the waterfalls located in Karfigula – about 15km away according to the people around these parts, but we are convinced it wasn’t that far. It was a hot day and the water was sooo cold. We spent the day frolicking around the waterfalls, biked back to Banfora, and then I caught a bus back to Bobo. Short trip, but sooooo wonderful.
Couldn't get the pics to upload, so I'll try again Saturday...stay tuned;)
Miss you all! Be home in 40 days and 40 nights:)

3 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

QKVWSRQ
HI NETT!! MISS U!! ANOTHER DAY @ WORK. ITS WARMER 2DAY 26F HIGH. ALL OK HERE 4 NOW. SENT URE ARTICLE U WANTED 2 DAYS AGO. MORE INFO ON URE E-MAIL-IF U NO WHAT I MEAN. VISITED TONY LAST NITE. HE'S FINE. GLAD HE WAS WORK'G SO HIS WORK INS. WILL TAKE CARE OF THE HOSP. BILLS. HE SHOULD B DISCHARGED 2DAY OR 2MORROW. MARYLYN WENT NUTS ABOUT HIS CONDITION-WOMEN!! I USED THE ADDRESS THAT WAS IN URE PC PACKAGE. I PUT URRE NAME ON IT SO THE PC BOSSES CAN GET IT 2 U ASAP. DHL PEOPLE SAID 2 DAYS MAX SO, U WILL C. SUSAN'S MRI READING TURNED OUT AS "NOTHING 2 WORRY ABOUT" ACCORD'G 2 DR.,SO WE WILL C. DON'T NO IF SUSAN & I WILL MAKE IT 2 FLA NEXT MO.,WE WILL C. MOM KELLEY HAD LASER EYE(LT) SURGERY LAST MON AM. CONNIE & SUZIE R TAK'G TURNS BABLY SIT'G HER. HAS THE RT. EYE SCHEDULED 4 NEXT WK.. CHARLIE DO'G OK ALSO- JUST HIHG BLD PRESS- GO FIGURE! 1130 H PROGRESS'G! B CAREFUL!! NO OTHER NEWS FROM INDY. WILL YAK LATER, LOVE, DAD

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI! YEP DAD AGAIN! HAD ICE STORM THROUGH MIDWEST-YESTERDAY. BIG MESS! RAINED LAST NITE SO ICE MELTED. SNOW DUE 2NITE-1-2" BY MOM PM. NO BIG DEAL- JUST WINTER IN IND! ALL OK HERE! HOP ALL OK W/ U. GLAD U GOT MY LAST 2 CARE PACKAGES-ENJOY!! JUST COUNT'G THE DAYS. ADV. WHEN U GET LETTER PACKAGE FROM DHL. MISS U. LAST DAY OF MY WORK WK- START 7 DAYS OFF. WON'T LAST LONG(THE SCHEDULE) FEW OF THE PIOLTS GOT MARCHING ORDERS FOR THE WAR. WILL YAK LATER, DAD

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger GI said...

Love Jones.
Sorry i wrote about a 3 page letter and i guess i lost it.. So ill sum it up.. Well i finally got of my u know what to see what you have really been doing over in the mother land... I have read each and every one of the comments and quotes you have recieved or put in like twice..

From going all the way black, to walmart, to your kitchen being your living room, to hiking, waterfall, the little boy, and the men who stare at you as you ride your bike thats funny mean mug as you would call it in the states..

Well just like you i have been getting out to see the world not like just locally in the states.. Im not international yet like you..

From GI i never thought i would see catus, palm trees, mountains, grand canyon, beverly hills, etc.. I have been enjoying myself and Feasting on sushi as much as possible because of a certain person open my eyes...

I must say you are really a special person.. U always find the good and light in any situation... Big ups on that..

Accorse you know that you are missed and loved so ill just restate that( ur missed and loved) very very much..

40 days hun..

are you going back or will you be staying in NAP ???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home