Friday, March 02, 2007

Deathbed

Sorry I've been away for a while. I got amazingly sick last Thursday while visiting a volunteer for her birthday and ended up in the hospital for the week. Fear not, I think I am finally recovering and hope to be back to 100% momentarily. There are not a lot of positives to write about being sick here, so I will just say that the Dr. I saw here was super nice and I'm not dead. The end.
I came to Ouaga yesterday because FESPACO - not sure what it stands for but it is the largest African film festival which is held in Ouaga every other year - is taking place this week. I came in to watch a couple of films on my way up to training back in my host family's city starting Sunday! I am not sure I have to say how super duper happy I am to be going to see my host family again. Love them. I saw Blood Diamond (realtively new movie about the diamond industry in Sierra Leone) today - in French so, needless to say, I didn't understand every word, but I got the message. Man, it's going to be good when I get fluent in this language:) After a week up in my host family's city I will come back to Ouaga for a week, followed by a week in one of my neighboring volunteer's villages, followed by a week back in Bobo, followed by U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooohoooooo!!! 30 days and 30 nights.

5 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Net,

Glad to hear you are doing better! I missed your posts. I need my Net blog fix every week! Almost time for your trip home...yeah!!! Sorry I won't be able to see you. I know the family will have so much fun with you! Tell Uncle Tim and the family I said hi when you see them.

Love,
Katie

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Can't wait to see you. Busy season ain't the same without you.....

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger MO said...

Oh wow.. you got to see the Fespaco? That's awesome.

Stands for :

Panafrican Film and Television Festival of Ouagadougou


Le Festival Panafricain du Cinéma et de la Télévision de Ouagadougou (FESPACO)

Glad you are back on your feet. No more getting sick...24 days, 24 nights.Woohooo!!! :)

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been look'n for you. Whats this deathbed thing? It looks as if your having the time of your life. I think what your doing is wonderful,but I don't think you Know how to fish. Anywayz u stay fresh,and don't do the deathbed thing again... I'll catch up with u champ. HollowayJamesHolloway

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost forgot I need a favor from u. I know u don't do morningz but ya boy needz one of those African Sunsets,and I also need u to put that sade back on the myspace page,and anotha thang get at cha boy when u touchdown champ. HollowayJamesHolloway

 

Post a Comment

<< Home