Wednesday, October 18, 2006

All clear!

I just got back from the eye dr and he gave me the thumbs up! The eye is healed and I am to go forth and prosper! wooohoooo!

Ok, I got the scoop on the Afican calling cards for those of you in Indy. This is from a guy from the Ivory Coast who was getting his MBA at Butler when I was. There is a liquor store on the NW corner of 79th and Michigan. Next to the liquor store is a tropical foods store that also sells Africa calling cards. Tell the woman you want to call Burkina Faso and she should be able to advice you on which card you need. Ok, we'll see how this works. Sometimes you will buy a card that says you can talk for an hour and you get 10 minutes, sometimes you get an hour. We'll see. But it's definitely cheaper than just calling. Fantastic!

Ok, for anyone sending a package: rumor has it that the cheapest way to send anything is in those flat envelopes with the bubble plastic stuff on the inside. They sell them at wal-mart or at the post office. Make sure to write "West Africa" next to Burkina Faso so it's easier for them to know where in the world it's going. I guess Burkina is not on the top 5 countries known all over the world. Lastly, if you do send a package and have to fill out one of those customs forms, just put that the box contains used clothes or old magazines so it won't tempt anyone to open it and so it gets through customs. It is best to take it to a United States Postal Office and not UPS or FedEx. That's all I have for now. I love you and miss you all!!

2 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nanette- This is the first chance I've had to read your posts! Wow! It all sounds so amazing! I'm on my official maternity leave now, but still awaiting baby Brennan! I will email pics when he finally decides to come out!

Miss you! Sarah

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI NET! MISS U!! SOUNDS GREAT-B CAREFULL!!!DID U GET THE "PACKAGES"??? ADV. PL. JT LEAV'G IN 2 WKS 4 CHINA. I HAVE ALL HIS "STUFF". ALL OK HERE-HOPE U R 2. TRY'G 2 GET H IN ORDER BY JAN 1. EXPANDED ON E-MAIL. JUST WORK'G CLR ON CELL TX CARDS. MISS U VERY MUCH. WILL YAK LATER, DAD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home