Monday, October 02, 2006

Host Family

Ok, I apologize for the lack of communication. We have been really busy! I am now in my training site about 2 hours n/nw of the capital. It is a nice city, cleaner than the capital but with the same amenities. It is hotter here so I have been nice and drenched the entire time. You get used to it. We stayed for 2 nights at the really nice facilities at the training building 4 to a room - like a big slumber party. My co-trainees are really great, as are the PC staff. Then I got my host family last night and stayed at their house in my own room. This was my first rough time here due to a lack of ability to really communicate and some mis expectations, but we worked it out (with the help of the PC staff)à and all is great now. They are really patient with my lack of french skills and I think will be able to teach me a lot about their culture and the language. My french is getting better by the minute and I have already learned some of the local language (which is much easier than french). My family has satellite tv (how funny is that) so they turn on cnn for a little bit for me:) The facilities will take some getting used to, but that comes with the new culture. Nobody said change was easy.

Any care packages are great - if you want to include some things I can always use:

small kleenex packages (this is my travel toilet paper), cheese and crackers, granola/nutrigrain bars, bar soap, soduko book, chocolate (m&ms); GUM - sugar free.

I miss everyone. I will try to update as often as possible. Dad, I will call soon too. Love you!!


1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NET, MISS U-BUT DO'G BETTER. STEPH SENT ME MAP, ITEMS NEEDED. CLR. ALL OK, JUST WORK'G. LOOK'G @ THE NAME OF U'RE TWN I CAN SPELL "Ou! Ha! Hi o u a guy?" HAHA! BE'G SMART! HA ABOUT 160 MILES NE OF U IS TIMBUCTU. ALWAYS WANTED 2 NO WHERE THAT PLACE WAS. MY DAD WOULD TELL ME HE'D GO'G 2 SEND ME THERE. MOM,CONNIE & SUZIE CAME UP 2 INDY 4 5 DAYS 4 MIKE'S OPERATION (PACEMAKER/FIB) HE'S OK. HE RETIRED AS A ARPT COP DUE 2 THE DEVICE. HE'S NOW ASSIGNED 2 FACILITY MAINT. SECTION (CUTT'G GRASS OR PUSH'G SNOW) OPERATES A HUGE TRACTOR. LIKE A KID W/ A NEW TOY. EVERYBODY ELSE DO'G OK. SOLD JT'S CAR 2 METH. DISPATCHER. SHE WANTED 2 DATE HIM AS PART OF THE DEAL. JENNY SAID NO!! DAMN!! STATED WORK'G ON SOUTHPORT H. STAIN'G B-PORCH. START INSIDE NEXT WK.. HAV'G A RASH OF SCHOOL SHOOT'G IN U.S. ISP DO'G ALOT OF TRAIN'G 4 THE SAME STUFF. WILL YAK LATER, LOVE, DAD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home