Thursday, October 19, 2006

Country music

Earlier this week I finally got my ipod out for the first time since leaving the states. Naturally, my host brother was in love at first sight. But since I have a pretty diverse taste in music there was something for everyone. My host brother got to listen to it first (this lasted about a day) - he loved the hip hop, r&b and reggae - which I have the most of. I was somewhat surprised to find out how many artists he knew pretty well, but then why would I be surprised - he has satellite tv. My host dad came home the next night to let me know that he had listened to it after I went to sleep the night before, and that after jazz music (which is the best according to him) country music is his favorite. What?? Of course I had a hard time picking myself up off the floor after at least 5 minutes of uncontrollable laughter. He couldn't figure out what I found so funny - country music is fantastic. Oh brother. I'm not the biggest fan of country music, but I do have some Kenny Rogers and Dixie Chicks and he was quite happy with that. The next night I asked my host mom what kind of music she liked, and she told me she liked church music. So I put the headphones on her and she jammed to the soundtrack of Sister Act II all night. I love this family.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is crackin me up!!!! You've got a wide range there sista..have fun with that! I'm sure they don't dance like me though..(this is coming from Ania)

It sounds awesome though-I'm soooo glad you got with a good/fun host family. Good times, that's what it's all about. I miss you. love ania & mommy

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nette!!! Your new life sounds amazing. I just finally got to sit down and catch up you and what you've been up to. Hope all is well sweetie. I'll be sending you some fun stuff soon!

Love ya,
Mandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home