Thursday, September 27, 2007

South Korea - Day 4 (Tuesday)

On my last day in Korea we visited another shopping area and went to NSeoul Tower.




In an effort to not allow my fear of heights to stand in the way of life, I decided to go to the top of NSeoul Tower. It was a little scary, but the view was really beautiful.

Here's the group of us at the observation deck at NSeoul Tower. The sailor next to me is in the U.S. Navy stationed in Seoul. We met him out the night before this. He is wonderful and meshed right into the group during my last day in Korea. Next to him is John, another English teacher in Seoul and a friend of Marius. He's from New Jersey and just might be the funniest man I've ever met in person. Kneeling is another friend of Marius, Maryanne. She's also an English teacher in Seoul, but she teaches PROPER English since she's from the U.K. These guys made my time in Korea so great!

I think it goes without saying that small children from all cultures are sooooo cute. Korea is not an exception. The little ones are freaking adorable. Here is a little Korean girl in traditional clothes. This weekend was Korean Thanksgiving and lots of little kids were dressed up like this.

I can't blog about Korea without including a section on the use of GPS systems. EVERYONE in Korea uses these to get EVERYWHERE. The girls driving on our rafting trip used it to get us to the rapids. No maps, just GPS. Every taxi uses these all the time. I promise no one really knows where anything is. They just type it in and follow the red arrow. I swear if someone blew up the GPS system Korea would go into full chaos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home