Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Back in action

Bonjour everyone! I have been back at training for a few days and am on fire with the french! Actually it has been difficult but it is coming along petit a petit (little by little). My host father asked me to decide on a topic each night to practice various french words and phrases. He really wants to help me get better. My host mom is always saying bravo Nanette! Your french is fantastic! (all in french of course).
Yesterday was Ramadan, a national holiday here. It was so interesting! I have mentioned before that my host dad is Muslim and the mom is Catholic, but everyone just takes a day of celebration and they do it all together. My host mom fixed a bunch of food and many people stopped by to eat and have drinks ( soda for the muslims, beer for the catholics, etc) and dance and visit. And the little kids get dressed in their nice dresses and little suits and walk from house to house for money! It is like trick-or-treating but in really nice clothes and for money! Everyone had a great day - christians, muslims, african traditionalists.

For those of you interested in calling - check out the comment from my friend Robbie under the "Lots of news" post a few back. There is an internet way to get a number to call me - should you so desire.

We have interviews tomorrow to help determine where we will be placed for the next 2 years and then we find out next week.

My host mom informed me that this weekend I will help her make yogurt! woohooo! I will let you know how all this goes. Love you all and thanks for the comments and emails!

5 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI NET, WORK'G. THOUGHT I'D DROP U A LINE. LOOK'G 4 "ROBBIE'S" NOTES 4 THAT INTERNET ## 2 TX. I'LL ASK STEPH. ABOUT HOW & WHERE IT IS. ALL OK HERE. OFF THIS WKND. & WILL PAINT THE H. JT DUE HERE THIS WKND W/ HIS B-RM.. I THINK HE IS READY 4 CHINA. MISS U ALOT! HOPE U R BE'G CAREFUL, LOVE, DAD

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI NET, WORK'G STILL. LAST DAY- HAVE 3 D.O.'S. WILL P/U PHONE CARDS 2MORROW. TRY'G 2 FIND U'RE TX##. ALL OK HERE. HOPE ALL OK W/ U. WX RAINY & LOW VIS/ CEIL'G SO NO FLY WX. DENVER, CO. GET'G HIT W/ SNOW BLIZZARD 2DAY. 16" OF SNOW SO FAR. HOPE STEPH STAYS INSIDE. PL. ADV ON "PACKAGES". MORE MAIL'G 2MORROW. CLR. ON LABEL'G. GET'G DO'S SO I CAN WORK. GO FIGURE. JT/JEN DUE HERE THIS WKND. WILL UP-DATE "FAMILY" THIS WKND ON U'RE ADVENTURES SO FAR. MISS U VERY MUCH BUT GLAD U'RE ENJOY'G ALL. WILL TRY 2 TX THIS WKND & YAK IN 4 OR 5 DAYS. LOVE YOU, DAD

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY NATTY,

you should be recieving a card from one of my nurse's Julie Kraft. I was like oh no, I better hurry up and sending something first or you would kick my butt.

Keep smiling,
diana

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nett- sounds like a good time. I'm so glad it's worked out for you with the host family and all...

We miss you lots!!

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Net November 23, 2006

Brenda and I are thinking of you often and hoping all is going GREAT. I've just read your blogs, and fell better that you are doing and enjoying your expierence over there.

All here for us is the same. We will eating lots of good food and visiting today and wishing you were with us, but feel pretty proud of you braving your dreams.

This is the first time that I have ever open and took part in a blogging, yes I'm entering the world of communications

Heart is doing very well, no eposodes to report, wouldn't if there were but for now all is great.

Hey, can one spell check on this site??

Missing you, Love Ya Gal, and KEEP ON EXPIERENCING LIFE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home