Friday, November 03, 2006

Assignment!!

Okay! I got the news yesterday that my assigment will be in the 2nd biggest city! The name is Bobo-Dioulasso and it is in the Southwest region of the country. Look it up! What this means:
-Electricity
-Internet access
-Green! (trees, plants, etc.)
-Fruits and vegetables all year (whatever is in season of course)
-A great group of close volunteers
-Safer than the capital city
This was my first choice, so I am really really happy. I will have to explain what I will be doing at a later time.
We are going to SIAO (panAfrican art festival!!) now so I will have to update more later! Love you all, miss you all!

p.s. thank you so much for the comments! I read them all and it's so great to know you guys are following along! Even though I'm on the other side of the world and often feel like I am all alone and so far from everyone and everything familiar and normal for me, it feels so good to know I have you "with" me! I have such a great group of friends and family! I really appreciate the support and well-wishes! It means A LOT!

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nett- I'm so happy for you. I'm soooo glad you got in the a big city...that's awesome!! I'm thinking of you all the time. Cheers to you!!! Keep in touch.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nanette- I think of you and your experiences daily, when I overindulge in something frivolous here in the states! I talk about your volunteering to everyone who will listen! I'm sure you know how proud everyone is of you~ but I'd like to make sure to say it! Can you provide an address where you will be able to receive a package in the next month? I can't seem to find it.... I'll email you some wedding photos... it was awesome! (everything I could have ever imagined) Miss you. Teresa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home