Thursday, November 09, 2006

New address

My new address is...
Nanette Kelley, PCV
Corps de la Paix Americain
BP 1065
Bobo-Dioulasso
Burkina Faso (West Africa)

My phone number is the same...
011 226 76185075

I will work on getting these onto my blog site permanently soon.

Things are fantastic with me! The end of training is quickly approaching and it is bittersweet. I am excited to get to my site and get settled and get started with my new job, but I am really really sad to only have 21 days left with my host family. They are truly wonderful and giving and caring and I am so fortunate to have been paird up with them. I promise I am the luckiest person here!

We (the PC trainees and staff) have a soccer team and we play against different groups of people. It started off as only 10-12 year old girls, but has now grown to boys and men (last night there were 5 men on their team). And we have another match on Saturday in a nearby village against teenage boys. I am fully planning to get whipped. Soccer here is not played on nice, soft grass, but on slippery red dirt/rock terrain with random patches of coarse weeds and the occasional pile of animal deposits here and there. I think it is safe to say that everyone in this country is good at soccer. This just means that I will get that much better:)

Last week we went in groups of 7 to record a sensibilisation (some type of training) at the local radio station and it was played on the radio today! It was fantastic! My group did malnutrition and it was, of course, in French.

Time is running out. I will update more soon! Love you all!!

3 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI NET! MISS U!! GLAD ALL IS OK W/ U. I FEEL BETTER & RELIEVED WHEN I HEAR FROM U. B CAREFUL-PL! CLR ON U'RE NEW ADDRESS. HAVE U EVER REC'D ANY OF THE 5 "CARE PACKAGES" FRO STEPH & I ??? ME 3-STEPH.2. GOT U'RE HEADSET/MIC. WILL MAIL IT VIS DHL AS PER URE INFO SHEET. SURE HOPE THIS MAKES IT. OTHER "PACKAGES" WILL B SENT 2 NEW ADDRESS. HOPE THOSE MAKE IT. GET'G COLDER HERE. 20'S @ NIGHT. SNOW IN NORTHERN IN.SNOW DUE HERE THUR. 11-16TH. ONLY WORK 12& 13 THEN 12 DAYS OFF. WILL B WORK'G ON SOUTHPORT H. GOT 2 GET IT DONE PRIOR 2 SNOW ARRV.. SOUNDS LIKE URE HAV'G A BLAST- WHEN DO U GO 2 WORK?? ISN'T THAT THE PURPOSE OF THIS "TRIP" HAHAHA ! GLAD U CAN HAVE SOME "FUN" ALONG THE WAY. PL. ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE. WISHING YOU WERE WITH ME, LOVE YOU DAD

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. Nanette, that answers my question of"did you get to play soccer ?" and this blog gives me the details of that. Just signed up for blogger acct so I can stay on top of the Burkina news through your writings.I love it. Soccer, soccer!!! I bet you got the dribbling skills by now. Yes, you are right, it's safe to say that we all got the soccer skills. Wait till you meet my brother:)He seems to believe he's the best.
Well, I just had to leave you a comment about this soccer experience you are having! So happy for you.

Take care and keep writing!
MO

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nanette
It was great to read your update. I am thrilled that you seem so at home and happy. I wrote you an e-mail to see if you needed any new or different stuff. Are you getting your packages? If so, send me a list of some things you need. I am so proud of you and continue to keep you in my prayers. God is so good! Tammy, the NP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home