Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Motherload!

When it rains it pours! I received 5 packages yesterday (which I'm pretty sure is a record for our training group)! It has been a very busy week (good, but BUSY because we are nearing the end of training and it feels like everything must be squeezed in before it's over) and I was in my language class yesterday afternoon when I got a text on my cell phone that said I had packages at the office. Yeah I did!!! Wooohoooo!! Thank you thank you thank you to my loved ones for looking out for me and sending me goodies!
Dad - you are the best, my motivation, I love you! Steph and Brent - you are so thoughtful (the fruit juice nuggets were a genius idea)!!!! Bub and Jenny - thank you so much for thinking of me even when you were going crazy preparing to move to China!! Norm - thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty to include not only Grey's Anatomy, but also THE OFFICE AND the program to be able to watch movies on my laptop!!! Mom, Jenny, April and Andre - thank you for the cards and letters. It means the world to get stories and words of encouragement from you! I love everything!!!
I must say that I will NOT be needing anymore granola/nutragrain bars, gum, wet ones (how funny), crackers and cheese, lifesavers, or peanuts (especially because they are grown here:) for a LONG LONG time! Holy canoli!! They got here at just the right time too, because when I first get to my site it might take a little time to get everything I need to function on my own! A million thanks to everyone!


Other ideas for future items - NOT requests, just the response to those who are asking:

-rechargeable AA batteries
-package of men's Hanes M v-neck t-shirts and tank tops (wifebeaters, but I hate that word!)
-tank tops (any)
-toothpaste
-2-in-1 shampoo
-conditioner (any)
-deoderant (any)
-magazines or books (any and it doesn't matter how old)
-anything smell good
-nail polish (any color)
-any sauce mix
-lip stuff (chapstick, lip gloss, anything!)
-anything or nothing!!

Some blogs from other girls in my training group for anyone who is interested...
Ericainafrica.blogspot.com
Grits2bf.blogpost.com
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for nor do I necessarily support anything that anyone else has written or will write. Just another place to possibly find more info and pictures. I have not read these, so read at your own risk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home